The 12th Colfax Persimmon Festival
Historic Stafford Farm, on the border of Colfax and Oak Ridge, NC, will host its twelfth annual Colfax Persimmon Festival on Saturday, November 2, 2019. The event is scheduled to run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission fee: $10 for ages 12 and older; free for ages 11 and under.
This year’s featured activities of the Festival include:
- Persimmon products for sale in the Stafford Store (come early for best selection)
- Persimmon history
- Lots of food vendors with nearby tables for comfortable dining
- Live music (several bands) throughout the day on the barn stage
- Apple cider and apples
- Arts & crafts vendors with handcrafted items
- Guided farm tours including historic buildings and 19th century blacksmith shop, near the circa 1780s farmhouse
- On-going demonstrations, such as: Blacksmith/Woodworker/Chainsaw Artist/Hit & Miss Engine Demos/Displays
- Civil war encampment / Revolutionary war encampment w/cooking demo
- Vintage car show; Tractor and vintage farm equipment show
- Children’s area w/vintage games
- Festival tee shirts, caps, art
- Colfax regional and farm family history in the restored barn
Note: weather and other factors may affect availability of some offerings.