2019 Folk Festival
Celebrate The North Carolina Folk Festival this September 6-8 2019. The NC Folk Fest is a FREE, 3-day outdoor celebration of cultural roots and heritage held annually in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina.
The North Carolina Folk Festival features performances and demonstrations by the finest musicians, dancers, and craftspeople – with performing groups on multiple stages including a dance pavilion dedicated to non-stop participatory dancing, and a family stage with performances appealing to both the young and young-at-heart. A mix of open air and tented sites will provide a variety of performance venues ranging from intimate stages to amphitheater size. In addition to the performance stages, the Festival also hosts a Family Activities Area, the North Carolina Arts Marketplace, and the Festival Food Courts.
Artists for 2019 include:
- Mwenso and The Shakes, a jazz and funk group from New York City.
- Ricardo Lemvo and Makina Loca, an Afro-Cuban duo from Zaire in Northern Angola.
- Redd Volkaert, a country and Telecaster master from Austin, Texas.
- Andre Veloz, a bachata singer and songwriter from the Dominican Republic.
- Racines, a Cajun group from Louisiana.
- The Allen Boys, a sacred steel group from Mount Airy.
- Tuba Skinny, a New Orleans early jazz and blues group.
- Ledward Kaapana, a Hawaiian slack key guitar artist.
For more information visit NC Folk Fest