20+ Black Owned Dining Options in Greensboro
**Note that at time of publication COVID-19 is still affecting operations of businesses, please review and plan ahead as hours can change.***
Arlene’s Restaurant – Home-style Southern food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Serving hot dogs, sandwiches, wings, salads, croissants, and more! Plates range from $5.99 for a plate of four sides to the $10.99 for ribs and two sides. This is owner Arlene Clark has been serving food for over 30 years.
Address: 5002 W Gate City Blvd, 27407 Phone: (336) 285-8081
- The New Summit Cafe– The Exterior is painted in NC A&T Blue and Yellow. This Breakfast and Lunch staple features Egg and meat combinations, Pancakes, waffles and French toast, plus burgers, sandwiches and daily specials.
Address: 1050 Summit Ave. 27405 Phone: (336) 676-6677
- Gillespie Grill– Located at the Gillespie Golf Course, Chef Big Willie serves daily specials, sandwiches, and salads. Try the Gillespie Grill Club it’s guaranteed to melt in your mouth. Address: 306 E Florida St,27406 Phone: (336) 279-6793
- Luxe Restaurant– One of the best brunches in Greensboro. Serving Breakfast and Lunch known for fun flavored waffles and mimosas. Address: 709 E Market St # D, Phone: (336) 617-4041
Cafe’s / Bakeries / Dessert
- Savor the Moment Bakery – Desserts, Coffee and more. Savor the Moment bakes a wide range of desserts from cupcakes to cheesecakes savor the moment has the treat for you. Address: 1117 Coliseum Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403 Phone: (336) 688-5094
- Cafe at Revolution – Located inside the Revolution Mill, Cafe at Revolution offers coffee, espresso drinks, all natural juices, smoothies, and baked goods. Grab and Go food options are also available. Address: 1250 Revolution Mill Suite 78 Greensboro, NC 27405
Phone: (336) 587-8876
- Pound by Legacy Cakes – Pound cake like you’ve never had before, serving over 150+ flavor options by the slice or entire cake using a family recipe that can’t be beat. Address:
3008 Spring Garden StreetGreensboro, North Carolina Phone: (336) 355-1371
- The Healthy Shape – Located at State St. Shoppes. The Healthy Shape sells smoothies and juices to keep you healthy. They also host fitness and wellness classes to improve your well being. Address: 2104 Georgia St, Greensboro, NC 27408 Phone: (336) 510-7501
- Black Magnolia Southern Patisserie – Address:
606 Summit AveGreensboro, North Carolina Phone: 336-355-0592
- Pelican Snowball – New Orleans style frozen treat in Greensboro. Fluffy snow and bold flavors, multiple options to choose from. Address: 2405 Randleman Rd Greensboro, NC 27406 Phone: (919) 937-3971
Dame’s Kitchen and Waffle- One of Three locations in North Carolina. Dame’s is founded by UNCG Graduate Randy Wadworth. Dame’s “almost world famous” chicken and waffles is worth the trip. Try the smears. Address: 301 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Phone: (336) 275-7333
- Stephanie’s & Stephanie’s II- “Putting the Soul in Food!” Fresh can’t miss soul food from southern favorites like chitterlings to the legendary Chicken and Turkey there is a reason presidents and musicians visit.
- Stephanie’s : 2347 Randleman Rd 27406, (336) 574-3458
- Stephanie’s II: 2507 Randleman Rd 27406 Phone: (336) 389-1008
- Funderburk’s Soul Food- With 2 locations ready to serve you Funderburk’s offer classic soul food dishes like Fried Fish and Chicken with sides that include Rice & Gravy, and Fried Okra.
- 68 Address: 500 Americhase Drive, Suites G & H Phone: (336) 807-1301
- Church St. Address: 2714 North Church Street, Suite D Phone: (336) 676-5917
Da Reggae Cafe
Paradise West Indian Restaurant
- Paradise West Indian Restaurants
- Address: 2006 Randleman Rd # A, Greensboro, NC 27406
- Phone: (336) 273-3552
- Da Reggae Cafe
- Address: 2528 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403
- Phone: (336) 333-3788
- Calypso Mama Caribbean Cafe
- Address: 1600 Phillips Ave
Greensboro, North Carolina 27405
- Phone: (336) 617-6013
- Address: 1600 Phillips Ave
- 42 Fry – Address: 815 W Gate City Blvd, 27403 Phone: (336) 676-5005
- Seafood Destiny – Address: 4705 W Gate City Blvd, 27407 Phone:(336) 283-7291
- Lil Chef- Have a taste at one of Greensboro’s newest restaurants featuring fried fish and chicken for lunch and dinner. Address: 2523-B Phillips Ave. 27405 Phone: (336) 676-4237
- Elm St. Lounge
Elm Street Lounge is that place to enjoy live music, make new friends, enjoy delicious cocktails from qualified bartenders, network, socialize and just relax. Elm Street Lounge has arrived.
Address: 115 S Elm St, 27401 Phone: (336) 900-2768
- Boston’s House of Jazz One of Greensboro’s oldest night clubs offering bars, food, cigar patio, live music, dancing, partying, and celebrations. Address: 1011 Arnold St, 27405 Phone: (336) 907-4549
- <Strong> Fat Tuesdays </Strong> Address: 120 Barnhardt St, 27406 Phone: (336) 763-6707
Hickory Tree BBO
Taste of Ethiopia
- NextShop Known for their wine and cigar selection, NextShop offers a wide array of spirits for celebrating. Address: 1700 Stanley Rd unit c,27407 Phone: (336) 617-0199
- A House Divided Bottles and Taps
Serving up to 12 beers on tap, as well as a variety of bottled beer, ciders & wine. They also host events.
Address: 5545 W Market St, 27409 Phone: (336) 324-1913
- Taste of Ethiopia
With a plentiful array of both vegetarian and meat dishes, of authentic dishes for every palate. Try the injera it’s superior, and you will enjoy its slightly sour taste as a starter or with your meal.
Address: 106 N Westgate Dr, 27407 Phone: (336) 299-6443
- Hickory Tree BBQ Turkey BBQ never tasted so good. Smoking Turkey over Hickory Wood. The mission of Hickory Tree Turkey BBQ is to provide delicious tasty southern inspired fare while supporting overall health. Address: 2804-L Randleman Rd
27406 Phone: (336) 617-6874
- Boss Hog Bar-B-Que Cash only Bar-B-Que joint featuring lunch and dinner special in an intimate setting. Address: 2314 E Bessemer Ave, 27405 Phone: (336) 370-1414
Traveling throughout Greensboro, NC these food trucks have a little bit of everything for you to try. Visit their website to find out where they will be.
Off the Hook Phone: (336) 209-8724
- <strong> Carolina Finest Feast/ My Girls Catering Phone: (336) 580-2306
Big Al’s BBQ Phone: (336) 340-5368
King and Queen Haitian Cuisine Phone: (336) 588-9868
Maho’s Bistro Phone: (336) 340-0135
- Backyard Flames “Big Will’s Famous Hot Dogs” Phone: (336) 456-2461
- Marty’s BBQ #2 On Wheels Phone: (336) 340-9987